Thursday, November 29, 2012

Making my Bed


So if I want to make this goal a reality I need to change A LOT of bad habits.  Here are a few that I need to start doing:  actually exercising, eating healthier, getting enough sleep, stretching, having a real plan for my days, stop beating myself up over my weight and do something about it if I want it to be different, you know, the normal stuff. But, I have also learned that I need to make a bigger effort to be in the habit of making my bed everyday.

Why you ask?  Because my husband told me so. J  Not completely.  He is currently reading a book,  “The Power of Habit” by Charles Duhigg, that I look forward to reading when he is done.  In that book I guess it says to make your bed everyday.  I LOVE making my bed, I have been able to finally find a spread and pillows that I adore the look of.  Yesterday I didn’t make my bed, I had high hopes of having a super productive day, but no matter what I kept telling myself in my mind, I just didn’t have it in me to do anything I planned on doing.  I ended up sitting on the couch all day, watching pointless TV, reading Facebook playing solitaire and trying to write my last post.  I chalked it up to one of my “bad” days that you need to have every now and then.

Today I made my bed.  I had a very productive day.  Superstitious you might think, maybe.  But when I think back on the days that I feel are harder, they are the days that I haven’t made my bed.  Even if I have a day where not much of the “housekeeping” duties are done, but I the bed is made, I feel I have a happier day.  So as an experiment I am going to focus on the make-the-bed-everyday habit.  I figure it is a rather easy fast thing to do and maybe it will help me to be more willing to work on the other habits I need to change.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to try and do this along with you. It's a great simple goal that sets you up for the day!
    I am loving following your blog!

    ReplyDelete